- Introduced best code management practices into the organization to treat infrastructure as code - this involves conceptualization, implementation, and maintenance of the whole Cloudformation architecture
- Moved away from hosted gitlab to a self-hosted gitlab that increased developer productivity ~30 % in terms of latency and build timelines
- Setup new logging, monitoring and alerting mechanisms, including actionable items for each one of the monitors
- Explored Kubernetes offering on AWS in detail, along with ECS, in order to move to a better platform for containerized services. In the end, as an organization we decided to stick with ECS, but that's a whole different story
- Moved one of the crucial services to ECS as a prototype and created detailed documentation for other teams to follow the same
- Regular training to developers-in-need, when it comes to AWS, containers or any other DevOpsy stuff.
- Regular maintenance tasks for the common platform services like gitlab, artifactory, sonarqube, mongodb, algolia etc.